Seal The Walls!
- Concrete block walls are porous and will absorb water
- Moisture on the wall will lead to mold growth
- Waterproofing or waterproofing paint alone will not prevent the growth of the mold on the wall.
- Epoxy is the most effective type of wall sealant, holding approximately 40 psi of water pressure.
Seal the basement walls with a mold resistant epoxy before mold is a problem, and save time and money.
Mold is a concern, and a basement is a popular place for mold to grow. Mold and mildew are musty smelling fungi that thrive in moist conditions. Before finishing your basement, apply a water and mold resistant anti -microbial coating to the walls.
- Damp basements are the leading cause of household mold.*
- 50% of all basements contain mold problems.**
- Exposure to mold can cause sinus infections, allergies, asthma & chronic fatigue.***
*The Center of Disease Control, **Dr. Jack Spengle – Harvard University, ***Dr Edgart Johanning – New York Occupational Health Center
It May be Necessary to: Set up containment, apply disinfectant, apply a mold blocker, and HEPA vacuum