Fact: According to beatrice.ne.gov, an older home received an annual air infiltration reduction rate of 11.4 % after insulation. The US Dept. of Energy (DOE) studies show that 40% of your home’s energy is lost due to air infiltration. Installing our closed cell spray foam insulation in the rim joist can provide an estimated annual cost savings of 19.3% for heating and cooling your home.
- Fiberglass insulation does little to prevent air infiltration.
- Fiberglass insulation supports mold growth.
- Water & mold resistant spray foam insulation does not support mold growth.
- Spray foam insulation seals all crevices to prevent outside air infiltration (Closed cell) = does not absorb water.
- Reduces relative humidity
- Reduction in energy cost 20%-40% at the rim joist only.
Spray foam insulation can save you 20 – 40% at the rim joist only.
BD Tip: Spray foam insulation may qualify homeowners for a tax credit