Protect your home against leaks that cause flooding
Protect your home against a leaking water heater, dripping well-water tank or blown-out washing machine hoses flooding your basement.
- The most common plumbing leak in a basement is the water heater
- Average life span of a water heater is 7 years.
- Inspect water tank on a regular basis.
- Install a containment ring around water heater.
- Another common plumbing leak is washing machine hoses.
- Standard washing machine hoses are not made to withstand the 50 or 60 psi of water pressure exerted by the hard plumbing system.
- Washing machine not in the basement? This can still be an issue
An easy on the wallet way to help keep your basement dry all the time
BD Tip: Check with your insurance company to see if these common plumbing leaks are covered